Eligibility Criteria for COMEDK UGET 2016
For UG Medical and Dental Courses
THE FOLLOWING CANDIDATES ARE UNACCEPTABLE AND HENCE NEED NOT APPLY:
- The candidates should have qualified in second PUC or 10+2 or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government, the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit candidates must have passed these subjects (PCB) individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in PCB (40% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State).
- The candidates who are appearing for the prescribed qualifying examination and expecting the percentage of marks as at (b) are also eligible to apply.
- The General Merit candidates must also secure not less than 50% marks (40% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) in aggregate in PCB subjects in the COMEDK UG entrance test 2016.
- English is one of the subjects, as in the previous years, to be tested along with Physics, Chemistry and Biology during COMEDK UGET – 2016. The General Merit candidates should secure not less than 50% marks in English (40% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) in the entrance test. However, the marks so secured in English will not be added for the determination of rank which shall be decided exclusively based on the marks secured by the candidates in PCB subjects. Further, a candidate is not entitled for a rank if he/she fails to secure 50% or 40% of the marks as the case may be in English. The paper on English language will be normally of second PUC or 10+2 standard and will test the candidate’s comprehension of the language, the structure of words, phrases, clauses and sentences.
- The candidate shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December (31-12-2016) of the year of admission to the MBBS / BDS course.
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination i.e. second PUC or 10+2 or equivalent prior to 2014.
- Candidates having qualified earlier and selected an MBBS seat through COMEDK but failed to join the college so selected or failed to surrender the said seat at the COMEDK level for valid reasons or having joined the college so selected failed to pursue the course.
- Candidates already pursuing Medical UG course anywhere in India.
- Candidates who were caught attempting to impersonate or found following / adopting any of the malpractices earlier including entertaining the touts and agent.
For Engineering and Architecture Courses
The following shall be the eligibility criteria for Engineering and Architecture courses.
- The qualifying examinations prescribed for admission for B.E. / B. Arch is
second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized
by State / Central Government; the last two years of study shall comprise of
Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit candidates should have passed with a minimum aggregate
of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka
State in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) and should have passed these
subjects individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along
with Chemistry or Bio Technology or Biology or any other technical vocational
courses as one of the optional subjects. However, changes, if any, in the
eligibility criteria by the AICTE will be adopted.
- An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering
courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank list.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no
lateral entry admissions.
Notwithstanding the eligibility criteria mentioned as above, the changes, if any, effected by MCI, DCI, AICTE, COA or any other competent Regulatory Authorities shall be adopted mutatis mutandis.
- The prescribed qualifying examination for admission to B. Arch course is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects or a 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central / State Government and having obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka).
- The candidates should have appeared for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture with a minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks for both General Merit and Category students.
- There shall be no Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course.
- Candidates seeking B. Arch course shall submit separate application form.
Back to COMEDK 2016 Home Page
This page Copyright © 1999-2016 Cetinformation.com may not be reproduced without written permission. All attempts to provide correct information is made. Nevertheless, some corrigendum may occur, for which the website is not responsible.