The COMEDK 2007 Home Page
All you wanted to know about COMEDK-2007 in one place.
The Karnataka Private Medical & Dental Colleges Association, and Karnataka Unaided Private
Engineering Colleges Association in their endeavour to offer an effective, fair and objective testing
procedure to determine merit of students wanting to seek admissions to the Under Graduate Medical,
Dental and Engineering courses of the Member Institutions, have formed "Consortium of Medical
Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka" COMEDK, has been assigned the task of
organising a common entrance test for the academic year 2007-2008.
COMEDK entrance test, publication of test score and rank list will be followed by a centralised
counseling (Single window system)
Under Graduate Medical, Dental and Engineering Courses:
- M.B.B.S. and B.D.S. courses are scheduled to begin from 01/08/2007.
- B.E. and B.Arch. courses are scheduled to begin from 01/09/2007.
Calendar of events for COMEDK 2007
|Start Date for Issue of Online Application
|Last date for receipt of Completed Application Forms(Updated)
|Start Date for Issue of Online Application form for B.Arch
|Last Date for Dispatch of Test Admission Ticket
|COMEDK UGET-2007 Test Date
|Publication of Answer Keys
|Last Date for receipt of objections pertaining to Answer Keys in COMEDK
|Publication of test scores
|Last date for receipt of objections pertaining to test scores in COMEDK
|Publication of Rank List
|Last date for dispatch of Rank Cards
|Last date for receipt of completed application forms for B.Arch
|Commencement of COMEDK Centralised Counseling
Venue: NMKRV Mangala Mantapa (Near Nanda Theatre), 3rd Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore.
Medical / Dental Counselling
Instructions for Filling the Application Form for COMEDK 2007
Please ensure that you have the following ready at hand before you start filling up the Online application form:
To apply online please visit COMEDK 2007 Application .
- DD drawn in favour of "COMEDK 2007", payable at Bangalore for Rs.600/- for 3 subjects (PCM or PCB) for MBBS/BDS or BE and Rs.800/- for 4 subjects (PCMB) for MBBS/BDS and BE Kindly ensure bankerís Authorised Signatories on the DD.
- Ensure that the online application form is filled up properly and completely.
- After you have filled your Online application form, click on the submit button only once to send the details to the server. The server will assign you an application number, and provide the facility to view/print your online application form with the details you have filled, along with the application number.
- Only then take a print of the application form and Date of Birth Certificate / Identity Proof
- The completed application form must have the signature of the Candidate , left thumb, impression and candidateís parent/guardianís signature.
- Kindly do not send any original documents along with the application form.
- Kindly stick your recent (not older than six months) passport size colour photograph only in the space provided. Application with smudged / tampered or hazy photograph will not be accepted. Do not staple or pin the photograph on the application form. Do not Sign and no attestation is required on the photograph.
- Please adhere to the time schedule enlisted in the calendar of events.
- Incomplete / incorrect applications are liable to be rejected without prior information to the candidate.
- Any application received after the last date is liable to be rejected.
- Please send the following along with the completed Application Form:
- DD drawn in favour of "COMEDK 2007", payable at Bangalore for Rs.600/- for 3 subjects (PCM or PCB) for MBBS/BDS or BE and Rs.800/- for 4 subjects (PCMB) for MBBS/BDS and BE Kindly ensure bankerís Authorised Signatories on the DD. Mention your name and application number on the back of DD.
- COMEDK Copy of the Date of Birth Certificate / Identity Proof (Once you submit your online form, you will also have a provision to print a format of this form, which must be attested by the Head of the Institution where he/she last studied.) Keep the candidate copy of the Date of Birth Certificate / Identity Proof with you.
- An additional copy of your recent passport-size colour photograph with the application number and the name written on the back of the photograph.
- The completed Application Form should reach the COMEDK office on or before 12/04/07 either by post or courier only.
- Completed application forms are not received in person either in COMEDK office or any member institution.
- COMEDK is not responsible for any errors the candidates make while filling up the Application Form.
- Candidate who have send Rs.800/- DD for the Entrance Test but have marked or opted for 3 subjects (PCM/PCB) would be treated as eligible for only the subjects the candidate opted for. COMEDK will not entertain any changes in the application form and no refund will be made.
- Candidates who have been marked or listed in the red list featured on our website need to contact COMEDK for clarifications. The onus is on the candidate to track his application and COMEDK will not be responsible for the same.
- COMEDK is not responsible for any loss or damage which might occur during Postal or Courier delivery.
For complete COMEDK brochure COMEDK 2007 Brochure (pdf form)
Answer Key has been announced for COMEDK 2007: Answer Keys of COMEDK UGET-2007 (UPDATED)
As per the Consensual Agreement with the Government of Karnataka following will be the Annual Tuition Fee for the seats to be filled through COMEDK test and Centralised Counseling, should not exceed the fee given below:
Medical: Rs.3.25 Lakhs.
Dental: Rs.2.30 Lakhs.
Engineering: Rs.1.25 Lakhs
Specific Eligibility Criteria for the courses are as follows:
MBBS & BDS:
Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination which is 2nd PUC or 10+2 higher secondary or equivalent examination, the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) with English as a compulsory subject, must have passed these subjects individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% of marks taken together in PCB. In addition, in the competitive entrance test, must have secured not less than 50% marks in PCB.
In respect of candidates belonging to SC, ST and Karnataka OBC, the marks obtained in PCB taken together in qualifying examination should not be less than 40% and also score not less than 40% in the Competitive Entrance Test, for admission to MBBS.
However for BDS a minimum of 50% is mandatory for all candidates both in qualifying examination (PCB) and Competitive Entrance Test (Reference: DCI Letter No.DE 14-2004/1135 Dated: 05-May-2004).
For General category students the minimum qualification for admission is a pass in the 2nd PUC or 10+2 higher secondary or equivalent qualifying Examination with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM). (Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Biotechnology or Computer Science or Biology or Electronics as optional subjects in place of Chemistry, are eligible). English as one of the language of study is complusory.
For SC, ST and Karnataka OBC students the aggregate marks in PCM should be not less than 40% in the qualifying examination, irrespective of marks secured in PCM subjects in the Competitive Entrance Test.
A candidate who has passed the qualifying examination (2nd PUC or 10+2 higher secondary or equivalent examination) with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects or a 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central / State Government and having obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks in case of SC/ST and Karnataka OBC Category candidates).Further the candidate should have appeared for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by Council of Architecture.
COMEDK is will not be conducting any competitive entrance test separately for candidates seeking admission to B.Arch (Architecture Course) as per existing rules.
COMEDK 2007 Rank List
Engineering Rank List
Medical Rank List
This page Copyright © 1999-2007 Cetinformation.com may not be reproduced without written permission. All attempts to provide correct information is made. Nevertheless, some corrigendum may occur, for which the website is not responsible.